Friday, March 8, 2013

Activity Day

When I was an activity day leader I used February and President's Day to learn the 12th Article of Faith and talk about patriotism, what it means to be a good citizen, and how their actions can affect others. (This fulfills a Faith in God requirement from page 9 of their book). The girls learned how to fold a flag and what our rights and responsibilities as citizens are.

We played a fun game where sitting in a circle each person shared somewhere they have seen a flag displayed. The first person says "I've seen a flag flying at ____". Each following person says "I've seen a flag flying at (repeats all previous places, and then adds a new place)".

There are lots of cub scout resources for patriotism. I always figure that the girls can have as much fun with cub scout games as the boys do.

No comments:

Post a Comment